View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 06:12 AM
gator352
Gatornator

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Electronics Behaving Badly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
Because most people run those roms
I know and that's my point. About 90% of the problems reported on here about the TP are custom rom users. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing custom anything, but I think it's more than just a coincidence. I read ALOT on here that after they flash a new rom, they state all sorts of problems and wonder if they should take back and/or bash the TP because it's defective. Nobody stops to think that maybe, just maybe, there's something in those custom roms, for some ungodly reason, that the TP just doesn't like causing all sorts of glitches and hardware failures.

I have the TP, my father has the Diamond (AT&T), 2 co-workers have the TP and a friend has the diamond and all are running stock roms. I/we have experienced none of these problems reported by custom rom users except for the "normal" windblows hiccups it produces. I'm sure custom roms have their advantages to some people but from what I read, outside the box, more custom users have many, many more problems with their software and hardware than stock users. I guess I get tired of reading (not in this OP's case) that..."I've had the tp for 2 months and use mighty rom x.xx. Now my keyboard and touch screen is acting all screwy! Well, I'm taking it back to sprint cause the TP sucks" sort of thing. Ya know? And then you ask them, well, have you tried reverting back to stock to see if you can reproduce the problem? They say no, but every custom rom they've tried has some sort of negative affect, so it's defective. Let's put it this way,.....you buy a custom T-shirt with a custom logo you designed, your friend has one similar but he bought his at say, target. After 5 washes, his is still perfect but yours is peeling and fading. Why? you ask! Well, his was mass produced, designed a specific way to last and hold up for a while under certain conditions. Yours on the other hand was a 1 time make, slapped together and pressed. It's the same analogy for our TP's. They are literally designed for specific functions and use, and when changed, uncertain problems mount because it wasn't designed that way.

Sorry for ranting!!! I think the custom rom community is a great thing, and if I had a 2nd TP, I would experiment like a mofo, but I don't have that luxury...or money...