View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 12:11 PM
MojoRisen
PPCGeeks Regular

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP My phone battery discharges real fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
IM not so sure about the specific current draw but I can tell you this...

Not all VZW Pro's are created equal, and there batteries are created even less equal.

Case in point: Both me and my buddy go out and grab two brand new pro's from VZW. Using them for a week. All is well.

We regroup and look at our phones the following weekend. His batter lasts 6 hours... NO, JUST SIX HOURS!

Mine last nearly 48.

Why?

I proplery cared for my battery while it was in its infant stage.

He didint.

IM goin gto hazzard a guess... and its just a guess.... I bet you rplug your phone in and let it charge even though the batter is not 100% dead? Can you confirm? Thats what my buddy was doing.

With these phones you need to let them DIE completely before even considering chargin it again. Atleast for the first two weeks.

If you follow that schedule charge 100% immediately remove and start discharging 100% your batter will last a long long time.

I even reconditioned my buddies battery doing that. Took me a week but I doubled the life back to 12 hours for him. He hosed it thogh. Constantly plugging it in and unplugging it. Constantly. Destroys batter EVERY time. Doesnt matter the phone. LI-ON technologie is the same regardless.
An extremely awesome point here, and very true. I also prefer using a slow, steady charge on them, versus "hacking" a fast charge.
This post has been thanked 2 times.