View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 01:25 PM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint ROM no TOUCHflo 3d!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Actually now that I have had a chance to really play around with TF3D more I'll have to change my mind and agree with the OP.

TP3D is a resource hog and there are benefits to removing it completely than just simply disabling it.

There are custom ROMS that don't have TF3D but they are usually the "lite" versions that are stripped down.
Does anyone know if there are "loaded" custom ROMS without TF3D?
I don't have the conclusive scientific test results to prove it, but I'm 99.9% sure that disabling it from the today screen will be the same as not cooking it into the rom as far as performance goes. I've built roms both ways, and I found that I prefer to have TF3D dormant in windows/ so I can call it up when I want to show someone how nice/smooth it is. then turn it off when you actually want some efficient mobile computing done. Side by side, performance seems the same when just disabled vs not cooked.