zalozhed
N00b

zalozhed is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opera Opening IE Favorites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzags View Post
I'm currently using PointUI. They have a softkey for bookmarks but at the moment it only pulls up IE Favorites. Unfortunately I use Opera as my main browser and hate Internet Explorer. So I was trying to find a work around for the bookmarks only showing IE favorites. I figured I would set Opera as my default browser, transfer my Opera bookmarks over and I would be able to open them from bookmarks, it would just have an IE logo. However when I attempt to open one of my favorites from the bookmarks menu it goes into Opera as planned, but just goes to my homepage. Anyone know what the deal is?

Okay I figured out another workaround - From what I can tell a IE favorite is essentially a shortcut to IE going directly to that page, its an individual file. Is there a way to set up Opera bookmarks like that? If I can do that I can just put them into my windows/favorites and I'll be able to pull them up.

You can try the Beta version. It perfectly inherits IE favorites. The only problem is that it doesn't overlay the existing Opera version.