View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 05:46 PM
lostcausnjtown
PPCGeeks Regular

lostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lostcausnjtown Send a message via Yahoo to lostcausnjtown
Re: Backing up Contacts with ACTIVESYNC only! HELP!

Ok guy here is what you want to do. When connected to activesync use the browse option to browse folders on your phone. In the root folder of the phone you will see a file called pim.vol. That is your contacts right there buddy. Just copy it to your sd card or pc-I would do both just to be safe--and you should be cool. When you want to restore them, just place that file back in the original folder and soft reset. Caution----this has messed up on me before. I have been more successful than not though. Also, I know that you do not want third party backup but you might want to use PPCPimBackup. It is a file that backups your contacts to your sd. Both of these solutions will eliminate the need for you to even use activesync if you want too. Again try at your own risk. Hope this helps.