View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 03:45 PM
cornelious2
Blabber mouth

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
unlock, flash and even relock your TP via the SD card!

NOTE: If during any of these processes you see a rom code error in the tri color screen (especially during unlocking or re-locking, just flash the stock rom again and you will be fine)

I had problems syncing with vista, and I figured out how to unlock via the sd card a while back. It seems that this might be useful for others so I am posting a thread to make it more easily searchable. This assumes you already know the basics of flashing. *NOTE* it is in your best interest to have an sd card reader and access to a pc to put files on and off the card just in case you hit any of the unbootable cycles.

This guide is only for the sprint touch pro, you break anything its not my fault you do it at your own risk!!! to make it verizonable you need to get the nbh outta the verizon unlocker. Please read through the whole section at least once before you even attempt to do this.
MAKE SURE YOU THANK CMONEX IN THE Hard-SPL THREAD!!

One extra warning. If you use card encryption that will screw with flashing. also make sure you backup everything before flashing. It throws .menc at the end of the file names and if you flash (or hardreset) before backing them up (you cant just pull the files off the card at this point) you will LOSE all the encrypted data on the card and it is AES-128 bit encryption so its crazy unlikely you will ever get it decrypted.
I added a poll to see how people are taking to the guide, if I have enough people with troubles that they cannot handle I will look into talking to them, and figuring out how to change the guide to be more clear. please if your going to rate as doesn't work at all, let me know what you tried and what your results are so I can possibly help you, and or others who might have your issue.

All of this stuff is in the unlocker thread, I just linked to the sspl, and extracted the nbh for ease of use. Remember your sd card must be formatted fat 32 prior to all this fun stuff. Use either a pc to do this or NueStorage tools. It has been reported that softwinter storage tools does not format the cards properly for flashing/unlocking

download the SSPL here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1225521707
extract this and put the exe in main memory on your phone. (meaning the SSPL should not be on your SD card.)

then download the attached zipped up nbh. Extract it then transfer it to your sd card (not in any folders just on the root of the sd card.) You should have no problems just downloading this with your phone from the site. It says Unlocker.zip(or Verizon_UnlockerNBH.zip for the verizon nbh), but inside the zip it is already named properly so don't rename it after unzipping it.

click on the exe you put on your phone to open up the sspl then it should prompt you to push power to flash. Once the flash is done you are unlocked. (I think some have hit the unbootable cycle by softreseting too soon at this point sometimes it hangs for a couple minutes while the bar is full but make sure it says complete before you soft reset) You can verify by holding power and vol down while pressing soft reset. It should say cmonex if you unlocked properly.

NOTE: some users have reported getting stuck in an unbootable loop(noting error messages about the flash "upgrade rom code error") after this step. simply flash any rom and you should get out of this cycle. below are linkes to the dumped stock roms, I grabbed the links straight out of imcokeman's thread so make sure you give him thanks if you use them.
link to his thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741
if this note helps you please sent hotspace some thanks for figuring this out
VERIZON USERS NOTE: I have added the unlocker nbh AND the relocker in a the zip file named Verizon_UnlockerNBH.zip the file named RAPHIMG.nbh is the unlocker, the other is the relocker and if you ever need to use it, you will have to rename it yourself. but there is NO reason to relock your phone unless your going back stock and returning the phone.

Sprint:
OS for returning to stock: (Must still be unlocked aka hardSPL as with all dumped roms)
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/ImC...RUU_dumped.rar

Alltel (Thanks conflipper): (Must still be unlocked aka hardSPL as with all dumped roms)
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/ImC...RUU_dumped.rar
(orig conflipper built RUU link here but xip not proper)

Bell (Thanks Juggalo_X): (Must still be unlocked aka hardSPL as with all dumped roms)
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Stock%20R...20ROM%20TP.rar

Telus (Thanks Juggalo_X): (Must still be unlocked aka hardSPL as with all dumped roms)
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Stock%20R...20ROM%20TP.rar

FLASHING

Now that the hard part is over lets move on to flashing. Once you unlock your phone, flashing is basically the same concept. The only real difference now is that your phone is unlocked so you don’t need to use the SSPL. Since we do not need this anymore we need to know how to access the phones proper boot loader. Doing this is quite simple.

Hold the power button and volume down while soft resetting your phone. Continue to hold volume down and power until you see a screen that has 3 colored bars covering the top 2/3s of the screen. (thanks for the typo catch razor)

If you have a file named RAPHIMG.nbh on your sd card this screen will only flash briefly and then give you a message that says press power to flash. Now, lets soft reset our phones at this point to start the prep for flashing your phone.

To flash a custom rom from the sd card first you need to find the nbh file from whichever rom you want to flash. The tricky part is that the chief might package it in any number of ways.

In zip/rar form, self-extracting exe, in an RUU folder, any combination of the above (and more) or just as the nbh file. Either way it is your responsibility to figure out how to get this nbh. More often than not pocket rar can open up any compression/packaging methods.

Once you have the nbh file out of the rom package you need to name it RAPHIMG.nbh *note* depending on the environment you are in when you do this (on your phone, on the computer from an sdcard, using something other than file explore ect.) you may or may not see file extensions. Depending on what you are supposed to see on you sd card it will either show up as RAPHIMG or RAPHIMG.nbh. This file needs to be placed directly on your sd card in the same fashion as the unlocker nbh from the above guide (on the root of the storage card).

Now that we have the nbh file named correctly on the sd card now comes time to perform the flash. Hold power and volume down while soft resetting. Keep holding power and volume down until you see the screen briefly flash the red green blue screen prompt you with a grey screen that says basically press power to flash or enter to quit. Press power and you will see a loading bar. When it gets all the way across it will stop at this point. Once you see “update succeeded” and not before. You can soft reset your phone. Congratulations your phone is now custom. Now all that is left is to set up your contacts and apps the way you like them.

RELOCKING

Relocking is actually MUCH easier than unlocking. There is really just two steps.

step 1.) Flash a stock SHIPPED rom (not dumped while a dumped rom is just the stock rom, the certificats are signes wrong and once you flash the locker it will give an invalid rom error.

step 2.) entering bootloader by using the sspl exe linked above, flash the relocker this again is a flash exactly like a normal rom flash except for your mode of entering bootloader. after these two steps are done, you are relocked.

A few people have mentioned hitting the unbootable cycle when relocking just like when unlocking. if this happens, just flash the stock shipped rom again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Verizon_UnlockerNBH.zip (243.5 KB, 1421 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip UNLOCKER.zip (118.7 KB, 5200 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip SPRINTRELOCKER.zip (118.7 KB, 4772 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by cornelious2; 10-18-2009 at 06:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 172 times.