View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Biker1
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: wm wifirouter question?

I tried the wmwifirouter trial for 21 days and it worked great. I just paid the $29.99 to continue using it as my trial period ended. I used to use Internet Sharing and all was well until one day I saw the connection setting say Phone as Modem which is not good. The connection setting always said Sprint which is good. I thought I changed some settings by accident but after checking, I could not get my connection to say Sprint anymore. I assumed that Sprint did something systemwide to inhibit using Internet Sharing without it showing Phone as Modem. This was the reason I tried the wmwifirouter. I still don't know why the setting changed on my Diamond . It happened around a month ago. I have not tried Internet Sharing since so I will have a look to see what my setting says now.

EDIT:
When I change the connection from "Phone as Modem" to "Sprint," I get the following pop up: "The remote party has ended this connection," I have tried it multiple times now and before.
Seems that Sprint is forcing Phone as Modem when you Internet Share, at least in the situation I mentioned.

Last edited by Biker1; 03-16-2009 at 12:31 AM.