View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 04:42 PM
bast525
Regular 'Geeker

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: my experience with different touch pros

Wow I just posted a thread about this exact same thing! I picked up a Sprint Touch Pro for cheap from a co-worker who wants to switch to an iPhone. I've had the VZW pro for a few months now, but figured the Sprint would blow it away.

I wouldn't say I ever had a hard time getting my VZW Pro to perform decently. Found a great kitchen and built a custom ROM that I've been very happy with. Very fast and super stable.

I won't reiterate my whole thread, but bottom line for me so far is that other than cosmetics, I don't find the Sprint to be any better than the VZW. I did several side by side performace tests and neither was faster (except the Sprint get's GPS locks quicker *shrug*). I have set up the Sprint to run on Verizon without issue, data is working, no roaming triangle, and flashed the same ROM with the same apps and settings on both phones. I just don't see any big advantage to the Sprint, as RAM has not been a problem on the VZW.

Conversely, there were some things I don't like about the Sprint (way crappier speaker!), and honestly with other factors like insurance and warranty I am most likely going to sell the Sprint and keep the VZW.
This post has been thanked 1 times.