View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 02:17 PM
creedin
Regular 'Geeker

creedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to creedin Send a message via MSN to creedin
Re: Data Still Not Working With Vzw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahenn View Post
Alright guys,

I have been reading, reading and reading your posts and threads over and over, and still having some problems with getting the data to work with my Sprint Touch Diamond.

I have the lastest PRL 51250m, which gets rid of the roaming triangle. I also have the 10Key ERI as well and loaded it using EFS Explorer.

I have verified all my MIP Settings millions of times:

MIP Profile
Number of profiles: 6
Active user profile index: 0
MIP_MODE: Mobile IP Prefered
MIP Reg Retries: 2
MIP Reg Retry: 1750 ms
MIP Pre-Reg Timeout: 0
Mobile Node-HA: Enable
Send A Reg: Disable
Dormant Handoff Opt: Enable

MIP Default Profile
Enable Profile: Enable
NAI: xxx-xxx-xxxx@vzw3g.com
DUN NAI: xxx-xxx-xxxx@vzw3g.com
MN HA SPI Set: Enable
MN HA SPI Value: 12C
MN AAA SPI Set: Enable
MN AAA SPI Value: 0
Reverse Tunneling: Enable
Home Address: 0.0.0.0
HA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
AAA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
Primary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
Secondary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
DMU Pub Key: 10
MN Authenticator: 0

With that being said, I am a little unsure of this step:

Step Thirteen
Place your phone back in diag mode. Connect to QPST service programming and go to the MIP default profile (AAA shared secret and HA shared secret is where you need to go in Service programming). If there is anything in those two areas, delete it, click enter hex values and leave it blank. Write to phone.

When you go to QPST Service Programming, which base model do you choose? No one has said anything about that in any of the other forums for the Diamond. I don't have any MIP default profile.

Lastly do I need the DCD vzw carrier cab? I just dialed *228 and selected option 3 and my phone is working with voice and text on the Verizon network however no DATA when the EV symbol is displayed. Obviously when I am in 1X I can get data to work however I want it to work with EV. I am stuck on this issue you and no one is specific about these instructions. Can someone please help me!

Please don't post me a link or copy directions from a different thread/post, because I have been to every link possible!

Thanks!
you don't need the carrier cab.

for the qpst. on your phone dial ##3424# it will then go into dmr mode. on with your phone connected to your computer and in dmr mode open qpst service programming. it will auto select your phone and the right one. (otherwise choose like surf 6250) then follow step 13