View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 12:54 PM
zweldon
Lurker
Threadstarter

zweldon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
well, outlook(or 'messaging', but i suspect it's somewhat based on regular outlook code) on my 6700 is just peachy. in fact, i'm plenty surprised at how tolerable the standard 'office' applications are on wm5.

however, outlook on my pc, is quite possibly the most bloated, resource hungry program installed on my computer(outside of windows itself, heh). now, not to turn this into a full on microsoft bash(that's been plenty well covered by others for years), as i am a windows user, and i can't bash too much w/o sounding like a hypocrite, if i'm still using their products...

but, let's face it - installed, outlook takes over 300mb, installs extra programs that are absolutely unnecessary(M$ Photo Editor, to start), steals file associations, and changes default programs for certain tasks(i.e.; i much prefer to use my gmail account via my browser to send email).

anyways, that's why, it's unwieldy, annoying, and a downright displeaure to use, so, anybody have any suggestions on any alternatives that sync/integrate well with my 6700?