View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Ivanstein
Lurker

Ivanstein is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Using any available connection to the internet.

I tried to search this one out, but I really don't know what search terms to use. A point in the right direction is good enough for me.

Anyhoot,

I have no sprint service at my house, so I try and hook up to wifi, and sending e-mails doesn't work, since the email client tries to use Sprint only. When I adjust the settings to use "The Internet" it doesn't use Wifi. I have looked in the connections section trying to find a way to tell the connections manager to use any network available, rather than just sprint or just the network card. I see a setting on the WiFi card selection that says "My card connects to:" and I select "The Internet", which doesn't seem to get the email account to send and recieve outside sprint coverage.

The worst part, is when an email fails to send, it seems to be tagged forever, and will never send, even if I get back to sprint coverage again.

I would hope this has been dealt with, and there is something simple I am overlooking.

Phone is a Touch Pro, stock rom, with the sprint cleanup cab on it. That's pretty much it.

TIA.