Old 03-10-2009, 09:56 PM
tsmorty
Lurker
Threadstarter

tsmorty is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: *SOLVED* Internet Sharing Constantly Disconnecting

So I thought I had it solved. It seemed to work for awhile then came back to haunting me. I then looked at the WMWifiRouter application as a fix since it would do it wirelessly. Good but the Battery doesn't last near as long. After trying the WMWifiRouter USB portion it was working ok for just a little bit before it started bonking again. I went but I was getting a Dialed #777 error popping up every little bit, but WMWIFIRouter seemed to reconnect but watching online stuff was annoying.

After running through their FAQ and I ran across this.
http://support.wmwifirouter.com/knowledge/KB0807021/
They said to try resetting the TCPIP stack on the computer. I haven't had to do that for awhile but at this point I thought heck why not so I ran the two commands they had on their website. After doing that and rebooting it's as solid as a rock and has been for awhile.

I am going to buy the app just for their solution fixing my problem, plus because I can share the internet with my wife at the same time.
Hope this works for you guys

*Also when I said I had fixed it before I had updated the NVidia Chipset drivers. Also other guys I was just testing to see if something going across the network was causing the connection to drop, that's the reason I had the 2 computers setup just for that one time. I didn't do that after that.