View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 03:14 AM
BurgsideTiger
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BurgsideTiger is keeping up the good workBurgsideTiger is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For the noobs like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaa View Post
Thank You for posting this! Can you give a step by step on how you change the theme and icons? What is needed etc. Thanks!

hey, sorry its been awhile since i have been on here, school is a pain.

your welcome, i just wanted to kinda dumb this down for people like me. i have a hard time with some of this stuff, mostly because my attention to detail isnt as good as i think that it is. i hope that you have figured this out already, but in case u havent, i can post you some links that will help.

the first link is going to teach you how to make a custom taskbar. i have not been able to perfect doing this on my own, but i have been successful at downloading the cab files that are needed to change the icons such as the battery, volume, wifi, ect. just read the 1st post very very closely, it wont take more then 3 mins to actually do it yourself. so here is the link : http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54514

so the next link is going to show you how to change themes. now i honestly havent done this myself at all. i have changed my taskbar icons so that they are not boring, but my actual theme is stock, with some modifications such as getting rid of the top black bar where my phone says sprint, making my calander and call history icons almost transparent, ect. with that being said, i am not sure how easy or hard this is to do, but i do like the fact that other people have been doing the work, and making it easier for people like me to get the most out of our phones. so just read the first post in this thread, and then pick out a theme that you like, and follow the instructions. there are many more threads about changing your theme, but i have found this one to me the easiest to understand. so here is the link : http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8211

like i said before, i just wanna thank all of the guys who have worked hard to come up with the themes and taskbar stuff. it really really makes my phone sexy, lol. just gives a better sense that its MY PHONE, its personallized. so if anyone goes to these threads that i posted the links to, make sure u give them a thanks, and let them know that it helped you out.

if anyone has any questions, feel free to post them here. i cant guarantee that i will know the answer, but im sure that i can find out, or that someone else will be able to help out as well.