View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 02:13 AM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: In call static / hissing problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercoe View Post
Hi everybody, long time lurker first time poster!

I've had my sprint diamond since release day and love it very much but I've come to an issue that my searching cannot find and answer for.
I started using the included headset today because I found time to play with the FM radio app (awesome!). So I decided to make some calls with the headset to see what it was like and I noticed a background hiss during the conversation.

After some testing it's hard to tell if the static noise is happening when using the phone normally but it is defiantly apparent when using the headset or speakerphone.

The hissing also briefly goes away (for about 2 sec) if you press a number on the keypad. This was tested by calling my land line with the headset on, I could hear the hissing, press a number on the keypad and hissing will go away for a few seconds.

It also does not matter whether the screen is on or if TF3d is enabled.

Currently my phone is setup as such:
Radio: Telus V1.04.05V
Rom: Mighty 4.6 (rocks!)

Curious if any of you are having the same problem or if there is a fix?

Thanks.
sounds like you may have a hardware issue. My internal speaker started acting up only a few months after buying the diamond. I returned it and got a new one with no issues since. You may want to consider exchanging it.