View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 11:58 PM
KYarb
Lurker

KYarb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Central Download Hub

Couldn't think of an appropriate place to post this, so if any Mods think it would be better suited elsewhere, please move it.

Onto the subject at hand, I was messing around today and had some promotional things to get rid of. I registered a domain and host without thinking to ask, but now that I think about it... I should probably see if anyone would be interested before I invest all my spare time into it.

My idea is pretty simple, provide a central download hub for themes and mods, as well as a tutorial database for all PPC/PDA/Smartphone's. Wouldn't be taking away from the community here, as if I installed a forum it would strictly be to make download integration easier. Although as I've looked over everything today I believe a stand-alone application is better suited than a forum. So, no worries on stealing members!

The basic concept is to provide a database full of user-submitted themes, skins, mods, tweaks, whatever. As well as a Wiki/FAQ for making them. I figure with all the brainiacs around here we could make it into the largest on the web, easily. Why do it? Well, as I was looking around here to figure out how to make TF3D themes, I realized how hard it is to keep track of mods and tutorials on a forum. If I setup a user-submission style directory and database, it would be much easier to sift through the mods. Keep it nice and simple and we can still have our community here.

So, what do you guys think? Is it worth the time investment on my part, and would you like a system such as I've described? Depending on the feedback, I'll let you in on some of the features I've thought of. If it's not a big hit, then I'll just continue watching movies and working on my theme in between work and homework! :P

I'll check in soon!

================================================== =====
Progress Tracker: 50%
Preview **UPDATED**

Last edited by KYarb; 03-14-2009 at 12:08 AM.