I've been working on a few things for the version 1.1 release (should be sometime later this week). These include the following:
- Option for password protecting the app
- Option for notification of upcoming expenses. (user can choose between next 1-7 days)
- Addition of Due Date for expenses (will not be required). This will show as a day of the month (i.e. 25th, 2nd, etc)
- Addition of post-tax paycheck distributions (401k, Insurance, etc).
- Flirting with the idea of adding an "Hourly" pay option, but that would require another box for hours per week, and Windows Mobile doesn't really give me much room to work...lol. I'd like to hear some second opinions about this option...
- Not that the app needed to be any smaller, but I've cleaned up the code a lot...preparing for the future, I guess.
- I'm also considering re-organizing the income tab to be kinda like the expense tab is, with a list-view of income that would show kinda like this:
[Amt Desc Freq Tax]
[$500.00 myJob Weekly 25%]
[$275.00 Bonus Monthly 30%]
[$120.38 Overtime Weekly 25%]
This would make the income section MUCH more user-customizable, and allow for much more free space on the income tab that could be used for the post-tax distributions like mentioned above (401k, health ins, etc), which would also be in a list-view.
Let me know what you guys think of this...
The way I've done the coding so far, your myBudget 1.0 saved profiles will load into version 1.1 just fine.