View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 04:40 PM
doc_ee
PPCGeeks Regular

doc_ee is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Where to start?

to sum up many threads and posts... basically you WILL need to unlock ur phone it u desire to load a custom rom..

start by locating the unlocker for ur specific phone/carrier... from the touch pro essential thread...

once unlocked u too can become a flashaholic like many of us on here... from flashing your phone on a weekly basis or every time a new rom/version comes out... lol

ok back to the topic..
then select one of the may custom rom avaibale...when i first started i dloaded at least 8 difrent roms and went one by one..they are ALL already better than the stock to begin with... the rom u pick will beasicaly depends o your needs..

after 8 diffrent rom and trials and testing each rom i ended up flashing/staying to the Mighty Mikes rom and have yet to change...currently mighty rom is on 4.12 and DUDE ITS WAY FAST and very stable...it has everything i need and more.. all i do to it now is add the persoanl touches from his sliders and themes and thats it..my regular extra cabs and no more..and my PHONE FLYS..

try out all the rom its very easy to flash once ur phone is unlocked..to name a few popular roms..that i have tried are..juicy rom, spectre, weaponx, juggalo, mightymike, kk and many others..

have fun and READ ALOT