View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 06:50 AM
PolloLoco
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Program to toggle BT Devices Quickly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
Basically, yes. I don't really use the Jabra for a2dp much since its in only one ear... in fact, I think I would actually hate it if it enabled a2dp automatically every time I turned it on, since it would grab all the audio from my handset without warning (ever get those, "how come my sound isn't working" moments?).

I do, however, have a Lubix stereo headset pendant that I wear, and whenever I turn that on it grabs the A2DP as expected, without fail. Maybe Jabra isn't designed to connect A2DP at startup for people like me, who just want it for phone conversations?
My Jabra BT8010 allows me to connect an extra speaker piece for stereo whenever I want. However, I flow a2dp to the mono headset quite regularly when walking to and from my car. The nice thing with the Touch Pro - is that I've never missed calls due to a2dp - unlike the 6700, rings still come through the speaker. Also - unless the car is involved, I can always invoke stereo by pressing the music button on my headset. In fact, if I just have it set as a mono headset with no programs open, pressing music then play will open wmp (I no longer use TF3D) and start playing whatever I had going. The synergy between the Jabra BT8010 and the Touch Pro is awesome - much better than my 6700.

However, as soon as the car gets involved, my headset can't get back control unless I get into bluetooth settings. The best I can do is 3 clicks at that point - by putting the Comm Manager on my Today Screen. I press Comm Manager, Settings, Bluetooth.

After an extensive search, I've been unable to find anything which puts me right at the bluetooth settings page.