View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 10:16 AM
wmdunn
VIP Member

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: IE With finger scroll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grashoper View Post
Hay everyone. When i had my Vogue before i busted it up, i had a Custom ROM on it which had a version of IE that allowed for finger scrolling (instead of the slide bars) Also, one of my biggest site visits is here http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/radar..._e.html?id=ONT to keep an eye on the weather Radar. IE has ALWAYS had a problem not only loading the page, (some ROMS will load) but getting the radar in motion when you click the 'play' button at the top. Yes, Opera and several other browsers will load the page, but when you hit the play button to put it into motion, the screen flickers real bad with each frame. The ROM that i had on my Vogue, not only loaded the image properly, but was able to put the radar into motion flawlessly, and i was able to use screen scoll around instead of the slidebars. There is so much information on the site, that i can't figure out what ROM i was using, nor which version of IE it had in it. I 'think' it was nfsfan rom. (for the Vogue) i was using. Like i said, my phone got busted, and has since made a crash landing in the ditch along side of the highway, so I can't check. I have since got me a Diamond (CDMA) and tried a couple ROMS and none seem to have the version i'm looking for. Perhaps it was some kind of add-in that was built into the ROM, but i'm not sure. This is driving me crazy... This weather radar is important to me and hope somebody can give me a hand in figuring it out. Thanks in advance.
NFSFAN is a creative and talented chef ... has put together some very good roms for the Vogue. There are some equally talented people cooking for the Diamond ... check them out, and try a few. In the meantime, the Skyfire browser will do what you want to do with your weather/radar issues ... www.skyfire.com