mucky
PPCGeeks Regular

mucky is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.March 1st, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 6.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.|

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Can you or other people try a reg edit for the camera. I had the problem with it not loading the on screen options with tapping the screen, until I changed a value, after I changed it, I can now just tap the screen like before to bring up on screen options. I'm not too certain exactly if it was the change what fixed it or not but I think it was, so if someone can check, and if it doesnt work, you can just change it back.

HKCU/software/HTC/Camera/Deactivate change value to 1

then soft reset, now you should check if it fixes the problem. Now you should be able to go back change it to 0 and the on screen options still work. Well, theoretically. And if it reverts back to not working then leave it at 1. Like I said, I dont know what this does per se, but it worked on mine.

Or if you want the UI to launch when you launch the camera, go to HKLM/software/htc/camera/general, then change ShowUIAfterLaunchCamera value to 1, soft reset, then launch the camera, and the on screen options will pop up automatically.
That value was already at 1. I changed it to 0, soft reset, and nothing changed. changed it back to 1, soft reset, and no change. Still doesn't work.
And I get that stupid white outlined rectangle in the upper left corner.
Thanks for the idea though