Old 03-04-2009, 01:02 PM
z28marols1
PPCGeeks Regular

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP Internet sharing

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=751925

Something everybody MUST know while getting these instructions here and executing them:

Technically speaking by doing this you are violating your Terms of Service contract which specifies that unless you're paying for a "Phone as Modem" or PAM plan you may not tether or otherwise share your devices internet connection with another device. They can tell by the type of usage when you are tethering, even with the registry hack. That said, typically unless you're abusing it (ie. going over 5GB/month) they will not bother you about it. As quoted by employees at a sprint store, they would rather keep you as a customer then argue with you over something like that. The ppl who have been contacted are usually just told that theyre supposed to be paying for the service and will have it added to their plan if they keep using it.

So.... use at your own risk. There are a lot of threads with ppl talking about using it as their primary internet connection and using WAY more than 5GB/month and Sprint not doing anything about it. I personally use it as a backup connection when Cox is down.

...Just want you guys to be fully educated on the subject.

oh, and the cab/reg edits work around sprints built in stop to this. the phone comes with ICS stock, however it is locked to "Phone as Modem" network instead of "Sprint" network. If your not paying for a PAM plan, you cant access that network and therefor ICS will give you an error when trying to connect. The cab/regedit changes the network ICS accesses to "Sprint", which is the network you have access to so your phone has internet access. Hope I cleared that up for ya.

This is the 3rd ICS question i've answered this morning... I promise, the search button does work!
This post has been thanked 2 times.