View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 AM
BlackOceaN
PPCGeeks Regular

BlackOceaN is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Guide To Downgrading, Reverting and Returning Touch for Warranty Repair/Replaceme

this would be a wise move for return..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
Guide To Downgrade and Return Touch for Repair/Replacement

Okay so I've successfully downgraded 5 Bell Mobility HTC Touchs without have ANY problems whatsoever. I'm not saying that its foolproof. But many people had been PMing me for instructions so I thought I would just create a quick guide.

Refer to the "Dangers of Downgrading" sticky for reference.

IF YOU CHOOSE TO FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS, YOU DO AT YOUR OWN RISK! I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PHONE, WHETHER PHYSICAL OR INTERNAL.

1. Make sure your contacts and everything that you REQUIRE on your phone is backed up. (Pim Backup)

2. (VERY IMPORTANT) Downgrade your Unlocked to version ImCOkeMan's 0.41 Unlocker

3. Once you've done so. Remember to fully setup the phone to the dates (if you were using a sprint rom previously, remember not to let the customizations run ie. reset before it says "starting customizations in 3..2..1").

I'm not sure why but everytime I didnt set it up, it would take very long to start up after flashing the original stock rom.

4. One you've completed all the steps above. WITHOUT putting the phone into the bootloader install the STOCK BELL ROM 1.59.10a radio (Located in Stick under "STOCK ROMS")

5. Set up your system and confirm that your PRI and PRL have been reverted to original.

And thats it! We're done. So no you're not "screwed" if you install the gps update, but just be careful when downgrading. Don't do it unless absoloutely necessary in situations such as repair, replacement, or simply downgrading for battery life.

I hope this helps all you guys out there who were in the situation that I was in.