View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Snoman002
PPCGeeks Regular

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a converter program to convert PC .exe program to be PocketPC compatible

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
if you still know the developer, you can probably get them to compile it for a ppc, since I am willing to bet its all a bunch of math.
I have a similar problem as the original poster, I have an old win32 (computer) app that I really really want ported to winCE (PPC). Its a small emgine management software that was made around the turn of the century. The only way I have found to get the program to work is to have it complied for winCE as cornelious mentions, which is possible and maybe easy AFAIK as winCE recognizes most (but not all) functions of win32, you just need the code optimized for PPC and the program compiled for the PPC devices.

I'm not a programmer, but I have been doing little bits of research here and there trying to figure out how to get the program I want working on my Ipaq so take that as you will. I'm trying to get the source code for my program, but if I cant get it I might have to figure out how to decompile it and see if I can go from there.

If anybody knows a different easier way I would love to know about it.