View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 08:51 PM
pjf357
PPCGeeks Regular

pjf357 is keeping up the good workpjf357 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a converter program to convert PC .exe program to be PocketPC compatible

Here you go :
Here is a step by step of at least what worked for me

1: goto www.portforward.com, select your router,skip the advertisment,Everything is alphabatized so Goto r's and select remote desktop. Now follow all instructions to forward port 3389(thanks for the link dagnasty!!)

2: IMPORTANT!! This caused me major headaches. After your router firewall is setup, MAKE SURE your software firewall is as well ie. windows firewall, norton etc. If you don't you will be doing this

3: go into start menu/ control panel/ system/ now select system(from classic view for vista and 7 users) Goto remote settings and enable the computer to recieve remote connections

4: Goto (http://whatsmyip.org/) (thanks Denasqu) Write down your IP

Update if you are trying to get vnc working just swap to vnc instead of remote desktop in post 1

5: Goto your comm manger on touch pro and make sure your phone data connection is enabled! Also caused me a massive headache lol

6: Goto remote desktop on your touch pro and run it. Goto options and select Hi Color 16bit or your screen will look funky

7: Now under the main screen where it says computer: enter your ip that you wrote down( not the local one ie 192.168.... the one you got from whatsmyip.org) under user name enter the name you use to log onto your user account on the computer you are trying to remote control. Enter Your password under password. I left domain blank.
Note: You have to have a password I believe.

8 Hit connect and Enjoy!!!!=D>