View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 07:38 PM
eenieMINI
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Instructions for Tethering Touch Pro on Sprint

Use the USB cable and connect to your laptop via activesync. (Are you able to do that?) If you have windows xp its called activesync on your laptop if its vista its called Windows Mobile Device Center.. same purpose. You need to be connected this way. You don't have to establish a partnership (no need to sync items if you don't want.) When you conne t your phone to the pc a window comes up on your phone and you choose active sync or diskdrive.. you want to be sure to choose active sync. (be sure you have WMDC installed on your pc if you haven't already).

Be sure your wireless is turned off on laptop or ICS gets confused!

Once you've successfully made this type of connection you need to go to your phone and scroll to programs. Choose Internet Connection Sharing program. Select USB for PC Connection box and Sprint for network connection box.
Click Connect on bottom left... you may get a popup on the laptop the first time while drivers are installed. You may have to go to your laptop network connections windoow to select the phone.. just depends on phone and laptop but this should get you started..

Have you edited your registry to allow Internet Connection Setting? This is how I've edited mine:
HKLM\Comm\InternetSettings in the key "Extension" I deleted the info.
In the Settings folder I deleted the entire key that states "forcecellconnection"

This way I have the drop down boxes as described above in ICS program.. choice of USB or Bluetooth, Choice of Phone as Modem or Sprint.
This post has been thanked 4 times.