View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 07:31 PM
shaun0207
DaGreatOne

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Touch Randomly Powering Off??????? Upate 03-10-09

Anybody else having this issue. It started on Friday. I received 3 picturemail messages, checked them and then put it down. About 2hrs later when I went to call my son it was off completely. So I powered it back on, made 3 calls and put it down again. Powered off again. I power it back up and delete the last 3 programs I installed: mort's mortscript, WVD, and the Google Gears update. Rebooted. After 10min it powered off again. So I did a Hard Reset then used SPB Backup to reinstall all my old programs without those I just listed. Powered off 20min after the reinstall was done.

I also noticed that some of the tweaks I had down to my phone using "Touch Pro Essentials" thread were undone, specifically the "NoSMSSent" tweak. Not only was it not working, but it also wouldnt let me install the tweak again using Resco Registry or TF3D Config. I had to install Diamond Tweak (which I havent used in months) in order to redo that hack.

So I used Clean Temp to help clean my registries of bad entries. It seemed to work, although it kept trying to get me to uninstall registry edits for some of the programs I use. So it worked all day Sunday and Monday with no issues. I go to reinstall WVD and 101min later the phone powers off again. WTF?????

I'm gonna uninstall Diamond Tweak and TF3D Config.Then maybe use SK Tools to try and clean up the registry hacks. Then reinstall those programs.

Is anyone else having issues with there TP randomly powering off?

Last edited by shaun0207; 03-10-2009 at 10:06 AM.