View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by remlle
where did you get these DNS IPs. I noticed they are GTEI internet DNS. GTE on of the backbone providers but why use them over any other DNS. I dont think this matters what dns you use. but well see. Im going to try my dns servers I Run as well as some SBC dsl run
Well, not all DNS servers are the same. If they were, we'd just stick with Sprint's.

Simply put the more capacity/less traffic (or at least a high ratio between those two variables) will allow faster DNS lookups. Location and quality of the servers also matter, though probably less so.

Those servers are actually Level 3 servers based in CO and were recommended by DSLReports.

I assure you, it DOES matter what DNS you use and there is a huge improvement over Sprint's DNS servers. It only takes a minute of web browsing to notice the difference.

Technically, we should be able to measure the latency and possibly see a difference in performance between DNS servers that way.