View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 02:11 PM
The Weez
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The Weez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Which Opera build works correctly with text boxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
yes, it's not too easy to use opera mobile to post in the threads. Here are instructions on installing opera mini 4.2 along with a good Java vm. All you need to do after installation is open Java and launch opera mini. Its very nice.

Ok, I am posting the latest java vm cab. I use this for opera mini v 4.2. There are several version of 4.2, generic (unsigned), and signed(mult signatures). the signed version is better because it eliminates one of the permission screens. you can also adjust the font size to large or extra large which is very readable. after installation, go to menu settings and change picture quality to high and font size to large or extra large. you can also sync with opera desktop websites if you have this loaded on your pc which is very cool!

1.Ok first download and install the java vm cab (to internal storage to save some space)
2. next go to mini.opera.com using pie on your phone.
3. on this screen, select the link that say this: "If this version fails to install or you would like to install a previous version. please click here"
4. next, select the 1st opera mini 4.2 link "English USA Multiple certificates.
5. your java vm will open up now and take over installation. just agree to the requests, and permissions. when you reach the net permission screen, select the first one always giving permission. this eliminates it asking you over and over for network access.
6. once it fires up, select accept, then menu and set up your options as discussed above for larger fonts and better pictures resolution.

you should be good to go. let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks, I got it installed and am trying it out now!