View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 01:37 AM
GoodGets
VIP Member

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any more ideas for battery hacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
I have flashed to Conflipper's about a month ago, and I'm still loving it, but I haven't tried flashing the radio yet. Which radio did you flash to, and do you know if it'll work for an Alltel Touch Pro?

I've only tried the Telus radio. It worked so much better than the stock, I wasn't even curious about the others. Also, when I flashed to it, I read all of the comments up to that point and the Telus one was the clear winner. Since then, it seems that the Sprint v1.11 is equally as good.

There is a poll about what radios people are using, it can be found here. At the beginning of that poll, the Telus radio was the clear winner. Now the new Sprint one has inched it out. The new Sprint one is equally as good (although I've read that the phone doesn't get as hot with the Telus one).

Most of the people on this site are Sprint users, and I suspect that once the Sprint v1.11 was deemed acceptable, that's the one everyone flashed to. Just fear of changing radio carrier names. It doesn't matter, these radios only affect the performance of your device, not the network you are on.

However, to answer your question, all of the radios in this thread are for CDMA networks (Alltel is CDMA, as well as its now parent company Verizon). You can flash to any of those. But as a more direct answer, yes the Telus radio (or Sprint) will work on your Alltel Touch pro. (*says really quickly at the end of the commercial: "GoodGets is not responsible for any damge or the bricking of your phone")

The step by step for the Telus is found in my sig. You may want to use my step by step (only 7 steps, pretty easy) even if you pick the Sprint one (although the folders will have a different name). You can't go wrong with either, and both are improvements over the stock.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Last edited by GoodGets; 03-03-2009 at 01:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.