View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 02:13 AM
Biker1
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
activesync issue and WM device center

I am having a problem connecting my Diamond to my laptop via activesync.
I have MS Vista and when i click on WM device center, it says my device is not connected even though i have the usb plugged in.
This is the first time i am trying to use activesync.
On the Diamond, i click on activesync and then sync but it says not connecting to server etc. then it asks me for email address server name etc. I don't know the server name. Thought it does this automatically. Any help is appreciated.
EDIT:
I found a partial answer in a previous thread and i figured it out from there. a thanks will be forthcoming.
I went to Settings-Connections-USB- and Activesync was checked BUT I also had checked the box underneath.
You are supposed to leave the box Unchecked if your device does not recognize Activesync, so I unchecked the box and I connected automatically.

Last edited by Biker1; 03-01-2009 at 04:01 AM.