View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Unknownforce
PPCGeeks Regular

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: diamond battery life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northpoint View Post
Is there anyway that I can improve the htc touch diamonds battery life besides lowering the screen and not using data applications such as internet? Please guys can you help me before I plan on taking my phone back to sprint and get a blackberry.
I get at least 2 full days with light-moderate usage. ROM's are what make a big difference, because they have many enhancements and registry modifications that make a world of difference. Also Radio's have an extreme effect on it as well. And also you need to make sure to not have something running in the background when you turn the screen off, that uses up memory and take battery power to keep it active in memory.

2 of the biggest things for battery life are Radio and the registry setting for battery polling. The biggest drain on the battery when idle is weak radio signal, if you're always bouncing back and forth with roaming, it might be a good idea to get a better provider for your area, or think about switching to a GSM Diamond.

Also, if you're not too worried about using EV-DO (for faster data transfer speeds) I would set your phone to use 1x Mode Only, this also helps battery life significantly when it doesn't use Hybrid mode, bouncing between EV and 1x. This is a setting in some ROMs simply by going to phone settings and the "Service" tab. Others don't have this as an easy setting. You might have to do some searching to get that setting changed.

Basically flash to a new ROM, Flash a new Radio (These you'll have to kind of play with to find one that works best for your area) disable anything you can that you don't use or like (bluetooth, wi-fi, vibrate, light on message, theme settings, etc)

Don't give up on it so soon, Good Luck.

Phone: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
ROM: Synergy Nightly with Own Mods
"If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?" 'Cause I like to party