View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunkeez View Post
My 30 day return period ends March 4th. I was thinking about exchanging the phone for the 800w, but I see the Treo pro might be out at the end of the month. Should I hold out til the last possible minute and pay the extra for the Pro? Or should I just switch to the 800w now?
It mostly comes down to personal preference.

I'm using both and actually prefer the 800w to the Treo Pro. The STP has some nice advantages (flush screen, thinner, slightly better battery, better call quality) but I like the feel of the 800w much better. I use it primarily for email, messaging and internet, so call-quality while suitable is not a big deal for myself.

Basically it comes down to $99 vs $249 and what style/kb you prefer. Also if 3.5mm phone jack and stand alone GPS (vs aGPS) is important, then go for the Pro, if not the 800w is fine. Also, the Treo Pro doesn't look to be out till the 11th-15th, which is well past your 30 day period, but as mentioned above you can just go back to your old phone and wait till it finally comes out (hopefully it has the low-RAM fix too, we still need confirmation on that one).

Personally, if this was your primary phone, I'd say maybe go for the Pro. Being your 3rd device in use, why spend the extra money? Just get the $99 800w and spend $30 on the slim-extended battery to match the Treo Pro's battery life. Other than the above mentioned, they're both WM 6.1, aGPS, Wifi, BT 2.0, 2MP camera and 320x320--more in common than different.

Last edited by Malatesta; 02-25-2009 at 02:59 PM.