View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 01:46 PM
gameover
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

gameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: wmwifirouter and diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
It appears that Sprint has initiated certain changes with the Diamonod and maybe other devices regarding how the device tethers.
The Diamond now says Phone as Modem when you tether.
It used to always say SPRINT.
Others are experiencing the same. I don't know if this is affecting how wmwifirouter is working or Pdanet.
I would be curious how, if at all, it is affecting the named programs.
I have the stock ROM.
biker1 hit the nail on the head this is what i was tring to ask on my 1st post.I i dont pay for phone as modem as i have the sprint everything plan(as i did on my titan).I tried installing wmwifirouter v.091(free version) and i noticed it connected using phone as modem.so i tried using the same reg hack stated in my 1st post that i used on my titan and wmwifi kept crashing so i hard resetted my diamond since u cant uninstall the free version.So my question is there a reg edit to change the phone as modem to (sprint or sprint pcs)that wont crash and so i dont get charged for tethering.And question 2 the ppl using wmwifirouter 1.25 fix this (phone as modem) connection problem and r they being charged for usage when using this version. Thanks