View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 04:13 PM
rgt77lobo
Lurker
Threadstarter

rgt77lobo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Please help - will HAPPILY pay/donate - Sprint Touch Pro to VZW - tried everythin

Hey there, I'm not giving up! But what apparently complicates it for me (or so someone else said) is that my Samsung SCHi760 is not only the world's crappiest phone, but also apparently very difficult to 'dig into' - so the part that I can't get is grabbing the AAA and HA keys off that. That's the point where I finally gave up and came here for help - and why I'm now potentially buying a (cheap) throw-away phone. No matter what steps I follow, I can't get those keys from that i760. I very much look forward to the day that I can torture and kill this phone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niick View Post
I just tackled this problem last night. I had a sprint touch pro with KK's 1.6 rom (sprint based i believe) and i was getting no data, just voice, here's what i did.
1. turned off sprint phone completely
2. activated VZW touch pro on my account
3. Tested everything, data, phone, sms, mms. Everything was working so my account was all OK.
4. grabbed AAA and HA keys off VZW phone
5. started sprint touch pro up, loaded the leaked vzw stock rom, right away.
6. followed the steps in the sprint tp on vzw tutrial thread

Doing this with the stock vzw rom and everything worked. I had to force the 1x to get the AAA and HA keys, but I got them through the network on the sprint tp. Also I had to force 1x mode and send an mms to get the mms' to work. After it was all working, I loaded KK's 1.6 rom. I didn't have to change anything and all services were still working.
I hope this helps some. This switch is definitely time consuming, but don't give up!