View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 12:00 AM
speck
PPCGeeks Regular

speck is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which configuration tool Sprint Touch Pro stock?

I have a Sprint CDMA Touch Pro.
I am running stock rom, with the stock Sprint theme.
All changes I have made on the phone have been to functionality.

Now I want to be able to change how my phone looks - I've seen some great screenshots on here, and I'm eager to try some, but I'm never sure what will work where (in 100 pages - things can apply to different roms, TF3D or HD TF3D, only if you have something else installed, etc).

Which of these will work with my phone? Do they all do basically the same thing, and if not, what's the main strength and/or weakness of each? (some of these may be the same thing - I've read hundreds of pages and thousands of posts and it has basically just all blurred together).

TF3D config
Diamond Tweaks
UI Tweaker
TweakUI
Advanced Config
any other?

My basic goals are to be able to (not all these are going to be a configuration tool thing):
- change themes (I take it that it's more complicated then copying a .tsk file and choosing it from a list)
- change the colors of some things
- change icons (like the taskbar and tabs - can this be done separate from a theme?)
- change look of the dialer
- add the contacts and call history tabs (I think I can handle this, but I want whatever tool I have to work with these tabs also)
- set up AE Button Plus and MortButtons (I'm ok here too, although I read the MortButtons manual and got overwhelmed )

Thanks, and I'm sorry I tend to be so wordy!