cd85233
PPCGeeks Regular

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problems with my Sprint Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTornio View Post
Anyone know if theres a site where i can buy parts for this phone? I had this phone completely torn apart.. and couldnt find any physical damage, but im thinking either the ribbon flex cable inside could be damaged or the board that the lower buttons are on is damaged.. either way, if i can order parts, it'd be cheaper than buying a new phone
Man, now you can't get the phone fixed through any legit place anymore...

I was going to suggest, since it sounds like you have the ability to buy a new phone or renew contract, (going by what you said about time to buy a new phone or change providers) buy another phone from sprint, make it cheap if you want, even free if it your desire. Then add the TEP, switch back ti your pro, go in and get it fixed. That's the cheapest way to go. but since you opened the phone up...idk.

ALSO, if you don't want to get a new phone for like the millions of dollars that sprint will charge if you are not renewing, you could buy one off of Ebay. The important part is that the phone's ESN has NEVER!!! EVER!! EVER!! been reported to sprint for activation. This will make sprint think that you just upgraded, thus allowing them to put TEP on your account. This worked for me, I bought a phone of craigslist and they never activated so I was able to put TEP on it.

Something along the lines of:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sprint-Green-Rumor-Cell-Phone-Never-Used-Activated_W0QQitemZ140301789476QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ PDA_Accessories?hash=item140301789476&_trksid=p328 6.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1 |240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

under 100 to get your Pro replaced. Maybe look into getting it repaired by sprint, though I think that they will charge you lots o' money for that.

Hopes this helps.

CD