Old 02-21-2009, 11:51 PM
u8myfoood
PPCGeeks Regular

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood
Re: pros of the touch pro

No phone is without issues, even the Jesus phone (aka iPhone) is without issues. If there is a problem with the software there is very little this community can't help you with any hardware issues can be taken up with Sprint or insurance to get a replacement. As for my personal opinion it is a great phone, although I still like my Mogul more had it been designed with at least double the amount of RAM it had (64mb is NOT enough for 6.1 and fancy interface -_-). But as my second smart phone, it is a great choice for new users or current users with older devices.

You will never have to worry about the lack of RAM due to the 288mb RAM, runs fairly well even out of the box, the internet speeds (both tethered and regular usage) seems to be slower than the Mogul's, but this issue should be solved in time as more ROM updates are released, since it took at least 3 revisions before it was given Rev. A connection. For now, with all the custom ROMs and such, also all the little tweaks and apps that can help you customize the phone to your liking, it is a really great and dependable phone. It has very little issues out of the box and the VGA screen is BEAUTIFUL and redesigned keyboard is more cramped than usual, but you get a dedicated number row. Although I miss the scroll wheel, extra hardware buttons and normal d-pad of my Mogul, it is still a fantastic device and you will not miss those items if you never had them before, even if you miss them the redesign layout and interface is pretty effective at minimizing the need for those item.