View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 08:18 PM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

I agree this tethering hack should be considered warez.

Why: A person that applies this hack did so deliberately to avoid paying the charges that the carrier would charge for those additional services. Clearly stated in the Terms of agreement and plan brochures. By doing the hack, you are "stealing" a service that the consumer is normally charged for. It is also common knowledge in the online community that those who apply this hack do this to avoid paying their wireless company fees for a service that is also common knowledge that their cellular carrier charges for.

Current laws or not, that is theft by deception in any court of law...

edit: yes, it's on my plan.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 02-21-2009 at 08:21 PM.