View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 01:52 PM
stevedusa
Halfway to VIP Status

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sound Decibel Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSnark View Post
Does an application exist that would use the microphone of the Touch Pro to give a decibel reading of any sort (peak, average, etc)? Thants !!!

I searched all forums and found two references. One to an application that did not work as it was written for I think the first PPC, and one to 4Pockets RTA Pro which would presumably work, but costs $45 and does far more than I need. Is there a cheaper or even freeware option that is known to this forum?
Let me be honest to you, the PocketRTA does NOT work on TP, nor my Mogul for that matter. For some reason it does not like WM 6 and up. WM 5 is fine though.

It does cost a lot but a good and dedicated meter would be better in a long run. Besides, the TP's microphone isn't sensitive enough in both the dynamic range and pressure level.

It's good for fun though, but not very practical.