Old 02-20-2009, 06:01 PM
worldaviator
N00b

worldaviator is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to worldaviator
Help! Can't sync anymore on Diamond with laptop via USB

I have spent the whole week trying to figure out why my Touch Diamond no longer syncs with my laptop.

Syncing between my Diamond and PC has been working since I got this phone last November until now.

To make a long story short, when I launched WMDC this past Monday, it took forever to get past the splash screen, and I had the phone connected to the USB at the time. Since I've pulled the USB plug from the laptop, I lost the ability to sync between my phone and PC.

I have done the following things:
- reinstalled WMDC
- uninstall WMDC, reboot laptop, install WMDC
- delete INFCACHE.1 from c:/windows/inf
- plugged diamond into XP and still get no connection; no error message; no unknown device message; just phone charging
- system restore on Vista to a day when syncing was working
- revert ROM to Sprint stock from Mighty 4.4.5 (I know it's not a ROM issue)
- tried different mini-usb/usb cord
- connected a different Diamodn to my laptop and my laptop detected the Diamond when plugged in

None of the above methods solved my sync problems.

In all cases, I am able to "charge" my Diamond with the laptops. None of them recognize the Diamond when plugged in.

When I checked the checkbox to not charge my device when plugged in on Windows Mobile 6.1, my phone continues to charge, which tells me that any settings made on Windows Mobile 6.1 are not being recognized when I plug in my phone via the USB.

Anyone think my phone is now defective? I can still dial, surf, msg, take photos, etc, but can't sync between Outlook and my phone.

Even when I launch ActiveSync on my phone,I get the page that says "To synchronize your deivce with a desktop computer, install the synchornization sofware from the Getting Started Disc...".

Thanks...WA.

Last edited by worldaviator; 02-20-2009 at 06:03 PM.