View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 11:32 AM
PolloLoco
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Program to toggle BT Devices Quickly?

Thanks for the info dishe. It sounds like we have a similar, if not the same, setup . I'm using Jabra BT8010's.

Right now - after some experimenting, my only issue is with the current setup is that my headset can't take back the stereo connection after using the car stereo. The car stereo, on the other hand, seems to always take over when I want it to.

I often walk to my car listening to an audiobook or music using the stereo setting with my jabra headset. When I get to the car, I turn off the headset - turn on the stereo, and press the bluetooth and play buttons. That automatically controls my phone and I start listening over the car speakers.

The problem (besides being unable to use my headset) - is that when I leave my car and turn off the stereo - my headset won't retain stereo use. I turn on my headset, and press the music button - then PLAY. The phone starts to play music, but not over the headset. So then I have to change the headset bluetooth settings via the long, involved process I described before.

I'd be happy if I could just toggle from one item to the other via one button press, or even if I had a quick shortcut to get to the device page under bluetooth settings.

I'll keep your suggestion about using the eject button in mind, I assume you turn off the stereo, turn on your Jabra headset - then continue the conversation you just started?