View Single Post
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2009, 07:58 AM
jmorton10's Avatar
jmorton10
VIP Member
Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,692
Reputation: 5695
jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Microsoft My Phone software now available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post

The most disillusioning thing is that if Sprite Backup is the most popular and most touted backup program for Windows Mobile, I can only suspect that any other choices will be garbage too.
I never liked Sprite back in the Titan/mogul days, I had the paid for full version but after a few uses I never installed it again & stuck exclusively with SPB backup (which i also bought)

Now that I am using a few TouchPro's, everything seems to be changed however. I have three TP's & I am a "flash junkie" so I do a lot of backup/restore etc. I recently installed the latest version of Sprite (which has changed quite a bit from the old days) & this version is awesome IMHO.

As a first test when I was comparing different BU software's I decided to give all the programs the hardest test I could think of. All my TP's are the Sprint version, but I flash & activate them on my Verizon account. I loaded one of the TP's with every program/app/tweak/TF3D mod/ etc etc etc I could think of & then backed it up with Sprite, SPB & Resco backup.

I saved that BU file to a 16 gig Sandisk card. I then took a second TouchPro & flashed it with a completely different ROM & tried restoring the BU file from the first TP to that one.

I first did a full restore from SPB, but that did not work well at all. On the first restart I had to click off a bunch of error screens & then when it got to Windows TF3D refused to run (it went into an endless loop saying click here to launch TF but it was never successful).

I hard reset & then tried restoring the Resco BU file. This went MUCH better although it did produce a few error I had to click off. After that however it seemed to run almost perfectly.

I then hard reset again & restored the Sprite BU file. That produced the best results of all. When that restore was done, it restarted exactly the same as the original TP that the BU came from. No errors & every single detail works perfectly. All five email accounts work just fine, my work account logs in just fine, all my contacts & phone numbers are intact, all the texts that where there during the BU restored perfectly etc etc etc etc

I have since reflashed that second phone ROM at least five times to different ROM's & restored the fully loaded BU each time. I use the phone every day & I can't find a single function that does not work exactly as it's supposed to.

~John
Reply With Quote