PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

robby37 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Os Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm85 View Post
Because 203MB of RAM is more than enough for everyone.
What your not getting tho is i dont run out of ram but and a very large but whatever that ram is doing is def using cpu cycles one way or another its not just doing nothing and i am wondering why and as of now 203 is enough 32 mb pagepool and when hw accel starts becoming more common and ram is being dedicated to framebuffer and textures and that unlimited ram won't be so unlimited and last but not least just because our processor clocks higher doesn't mean it isn't a more efficient stepping battery life coud very well be attributed to extra ram being used as much as ram takes a certain amount of power no matter what using the bus uses more power and using the ram does take more power i don;t care who says it doesn't i run watercooled dimms on my pc because i overclock and when i run stability torture tests my ram heats up so it does use more to read and write to the ram and their is leakage associated with holding values it is the nature of a transistor so in the end lowering ram usage would/should result in less cpu usage more responsive "less threads" and a longer battery life notice most loaded roms kill battery faster and bigger page pool usually does affect battery life reading from flash takes less power and cpu cycles then ram to cache back to ram it may be faster but it has to make extra trip across bus instead of straight dma transfer sorry for long post.