View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 08:35 PM
benanthony
N00b

benanthony is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keyboard Problems

So I am having the unfortunate problem with my keyboard going out on me. It has been acting the same as others who have had the same problem.

I currently have Alltel sending me another phone, but in the meantime I have been messing with mine and I DO NOT think this is a hardware problem and here is why. The problem started out like others where it got progressively worse and then I had no keyboard at all, so I hard reset and still nothing. Then while using the phone it just up and reset on it own and bang the keyboard worked again for a short while (Hours) then it stopped again. So in my expermenting I have found that if I use fdcSoft Task Manager and use the devices view and stop and start the keyboard driver followed by a soft reset that it usually kicks the keyboard back to life for some amount of time and then it randomly craps out again.

What concerns me is that when I get the new phone that whatever caused this problem in the first place will happen again, im not sure if its some software combination or what. It does seem that I first noticed this problem after I installed SITO Pocket Controller Pro, but I can't confirm that.

Does anyone have any thoughts or any ideas that I should try before I send this one back?

Thanks,
Ben