Old 02-19-2009, 01:53 AM
sovrce
PPCGeeks Regular

sovrce is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question About COMPLETE Phone Back Up

So here's my situation:

I absolutely love my Touch Pro. Best phone on the market, IMO. I see myself set for years to come, in all seriousness. There's just one thing I'm considering - modifying my pagepool size. I've got a completely stock Alltel Touch Pro ROM with loads of tweaks and like I said, I'm totally in love. What people have been saying, however, is that increasing the size of the phone's pagepool makes it quite a bit faster. The question is, if I've got TomTom 100% installed on my SD card, everything tweaked to the max and all the shortcuts and files how I want them, is it worth it to "risk" everything and make a backup/image? Do the back up programs actually work? I put sooo much time into this phone and TomTom in particular that'd I'd be broken if things were changed for the worse, and I know pagepool edits require you to flash your phone.

So what do I do?? Is it worth it? How many people went from stock 12MB pagepools to 32MB+ and love the difference enough to say go for it? While I'm at it, are there any Alltel radio/ROM improvements that I should know about in this area?

Thanks for any help or advice.