View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 07:10 PM
skfny
N00b

skfny is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro Wired Headsets - Recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brannonz View Post
So far I'm mostly happy with my Touch Pro (will be much happier when they fix the voice announcements for incoming calls). However, I've been having some problems finding a decent *wired* headset to work with it.

The mini-usb headphones that come with the device have good quality and a push-to-talk/voice-command button, but they are lacking built-in volume controls. This is a problem for me because I've found that the Touch Pro volume control doesn't really do much to lower the volume of some of the loudest calls I'm on. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of earbud style headphones.

My old 2.5mm headset worked great on my old phone, but plugging it into that wonky adapter HTC provides seems to introduce static for the people I'm calling.

So basically I'm looking for:
  • Mini-USB
  • Built-In Volume Controls
  • Headset or Over-The-Ear style (not ear-buds)
Anyone have any good suggestions?

(BTW... I'm not looking to debate the merits of Bluetooth here. I simply don't want another device I have to worry about charging. )

I'm looking for something similar:

3.5mm earbuds with:
in-line volume control and
built-in discreet microphone

I had this for my Treo 700wx, but can't find anything similar for the Pro. With so many phones supporting 3.5mm natively, I expected to find a dozen of these on eBay.
This post has been thanked 1 times.