View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 04:26 PM
watzone69
I did it all for Ta-nuki

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila editing question.

This is more of a "How I did this" than a true tutorial.

I use GrooveROM 3.10 with the HD sprint style clock and icons. They are white, which I liked but wanted a color option. These manila files are CFC compressed so I downloaded the CFC GUI (thanks to Chainfire at XDA). I was screwing around with different ways to edit the color and stumbled on to a way to do it quickly. It's called "Colorify" in Gimp.

So.. This is how I changed the icons, slider and clock (I colored the clock numbers too but this is optional).

Just be sure and keep a backup of the original manilas so you can revert easily or to use as a template for other themes.

First, get the CFC GUI in rstoyguy's post on the first page.
Then, get Gimp (I tried to attach to it here but was denied)
Use the zip of white manila files (see attached below)

Use CFC GUI to open the unzipped white manila folder.
In "Tools", CFCdecompress all of the files.
Then use "Save as" in the lower right corner convert them to .png files and send them to another folder (I make one called PNG).

Now, use Gimp to open the first file in your PNG folder.
Go up to "Colors" in the menu bar and find "Colorify".
This will open a dialog box showing your image and a choice of colors to make it.
Pick one of the primary colors or make your own custom color (be sure to write down your numbers from the right side of the color palette so you can reproduce your custom color again).

Select OK and then save your file. BOOM, your done!

Repeat with each of the other PNGs.

Next, go back to CFC GUI and use "replace with" in the lower right corner to replace each of your manilas with the edited PNG file (I REALLY wish there was a way to do this batch style).

If you are using a ROM that supports CFC compression (almost everybody is by now) then go to "finish up" under the Tools menu and select yes and OK for all of the dialog boxes.

Put these back in your phones windows directory (after disabling TF3D, of course) and soft reset then re-enable TF3D.

This was just for the clock, slider, and icons but you can go absolutely nuts with this!

Cheers!

EDIT: I forgot to add that the icons in the attached manilas are only for the highlighted icons (when your slider is over the icon). They are also the enlarged icon on the screen. I wanted to keep my regular icons white.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WHITE-Manilas.zip (53.5 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by watzone69; 02-18-2009 at 05:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.