View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to properly relock phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeKNastY View Post
so i plan on taking my phone back to get a new one cause this one is messed up but i was wondering how to properly relock..i looked at that thread and i downloaded the relock folder...but as i clicked the updater or whatever its called....something prompted my phone asking to allow bootloader or smething...is this normal?.also step one in that thread says " 1. Follow the Unlocking procedure to install the necessary programs."...what does that mean?..if the phone is already unlocked i ignore this..correct?

i just dont want to mess it up so thats why i created thi thread...

thanks
quick question, have you tried just hard reseting your phone? this will get rid of 99% of problems that you may be having. Or you should flash the oem shipped rom(your carrier rom) in the same thread that has the unlocker program, then flash the custom rom of your choice. Now if you already unlocked your phone before, you should be all set since you already followed the procedure listed. going into bootloader is common practice when flashing. if you already flashed a rom before, you recall it always goes into bootloader but usually does it without asking. if you have not unlocked your phone, then you need to follow the instuctions provided like installing .net 3.5 on your desktop.

one last thing, if you do decide to return your phone, you need to flash the oem shipped rom anyway which will bring the rom and radio back to factory settings. you probably already know this but just to be sure I wanted to throw that out there.

Last edited by Riley; 02-17-2009 at 01:55 AM.