View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 12:27 AM
cannibalslug
PPCGeeks Regular

cannibalslug is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cannibalslug Send a message via MSN to cannibalslug Send a message via Yahoo to cannibalslug
Re: Please HELP!! I Can only call previously saved contacts, WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYSIANA View Post
Please HELP!! I Can only call previously saved contacts, WHY?

I just had my TP swapped out for a new one and I dunno wth is going on but this thing will not let me call phone numbers that are not already saved in my contacts and I cant figure out why, or how to fix this!! When I type in the # I want to call, I can see my phone tryong to match in up with a contact in my list, if it doesnt find a match - just below where I have typed the number - there will be a box that says "No Matches: 1234567 - and then below that box it will say "Save to contacts?" highlighted in gray. If I try to push the talk key (hardkey) to call the number, it wont do ANYTHING!! The only way for me to be able to push the talk key and get my phone to actually call the number is if I first save it into my contacts list and this is getting EXTREMELY ANNOYING!! Especially when I know its a number that I only need to call once, and I need to hurry up and call it and dont have time to go through saving it first. My lower left softkey on the screen says "Contacts" instead of "Call"...I could be wrong but I couldve swore it said "Call" at some point in the past. I wish it was there cuz I figure maybe since the talk hardkey wont work...maybe the softkey would. I also thought there was a green Talk/Call key & red End key on the keypad screen at one point but now I cant find those either!! Im begining to think Im going crazy or something, please, please, please, help if you can!
The softkey definitely always said contacts. Does your hard key doing anything (i.e. if you're in tf3d does it send you to the phone? or activate voice dialing)?

in the meantime you can use your center key in the d-pad to initiate calls, you might have a hardware problem

Last edited by cannibalslug; 02-17-2009 at 12:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.