View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 06:50 PM
phattooth
VIP Member

phattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All-In-One Touch Pro Camera Hidden Mode Mod

So after flashing a beta ROM sometime back, I was presented with an option in my camera settings that I have since been trying to chase down.

It was the option to save to the Storage Card and be able to use the "Date & Time" as the prefix, which by default is only allowed when you save to the main memory.

Now after tons of searching and finding out way more info about the camera than I ever really wanted to know, I've finally found that ONE setting to do the above. Yup, it came down to 1 reg tweak.

But more than that, I noticed that though there is a ton of info out about the camera, it's settings and special non-enabled modes... there's really not one good place to go about finding that info.

That is what i hope to do here.
And that is what this Cab does.

First I will post the cab I made that will basically turn on all these special modes for you and fine tune/tweak the settings for these new modes.

Second I will post the actual reg entries it makes/changes and what those do.

I want to make it very clear that I didn't pioneer most of the work done by this cab, I simply extracted the data from the registry, put it together, and posted the settings it changes in one place.

For me, the origins of these settings came from a beta ROM I tested from scrosler... and a provxml he used to build that ROM must have contained these settings. So if these look familiar to you, please let me know and I will give credit where credit is do!

Everything that is touched by this cab can be found at:
HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera and it's subs.

So while this cab is uninstallable, backing this location up before installation is always a safe bet... and with that i will toss in the standard, if you break it, it's not my fault... yada yada yada.

ENJOY!

(Please see post #2)
Attached Files
File Type: cab CameraModeMods.cab (42.7 KB, 1268 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by phattooth; 02-16-2009 at 12:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 32 times.